Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome to my world!

This is my first blog and I have to be truthful, I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been encouraged by many friends to pursue a blog and now seems to be a good time to begin.

I own a retail store in Carmel, Indiana...Westwood Paper Company. Our main business is designing and printing custom wedding invitations. But, we sell and print stationery, invitations and note pads too.

I've learned a lot since opening the store in March of 2006. Hopefully I can share my wisdom (or lack of it) and help anyone who has a store, is thinking of opening a store or anyone who loves to shop for paper.

I will blog about wedding papers, etiquette, ideas for celebrations, the trials and tribulations of running my own business and maybe even something useful. Please check back often...you never know what's on my mind.





2 comments:

Sandi said...

Jill, you will be a great blogger. You are certainly a retail pro and an interesting friend. Times are tough for everyone, especially the small business owner. Let's all support Westwood Paper, and for anyone in the Tampa Bay/Orlando area, please email me at allaboutyourfloors@knology.net for you carpet and wood floor cleaning needs. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Lori McDonough said...

Welcome to Blogland, Jill! I'm going to add you to my blog roll and i will figure out how to throw a few links your way! :-)